WLJC NewsSeptember Newsletter 2014
It’s harvest time! We need to gather the last of our crops. The last ‘mess’ of beans are the best.
It is a beautiful time of the season. Fall flowers are blooming for the last time. Trees and bushes
are taking on all the bright colors red, brown and yellow. As beautiful as things are, some
people still feel so sad. This is hard to explain. Perhaps its because spring and summer are gone
and things they had planned to accomplish have not happened through lost opportunities and
unfinished tasks. Jesus talked about harvest time. In Matt: 9:37 he said, “The harvest truly is
plenteous, but the labourers are few;” Jeremiah 8:20 laments, “The harvest is past, the summer is
ended, and we are not saved.” How do you feel? Do you have unfinished business? Have you
been planning to go to church with family all summer? Give your heart and life to God? Romans
10:9,10,13 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine
heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For
whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” We trust you will believe God’s
word and ask Jesus into your heart today! He really loves you.
1. Who was the only female judge of Israel?
2. What widowed prophetess was 84 years old when she saw the young Jesus in the temple?
3. What elderly cousin of Mary became the mother of John the Baptist?
4. What Jewish girl married a Persian emperor and helped save her exiled people from extermination?
5. What two sisters of Bethany had a brother named Lazarus and were close friends of Jesus?
6. What prophetess was a sister of two great leaders and was once afflicted with leprosy?
1. Your program blesses a lot of people. We all appreciate what all of you do. We love most of
your singers. There is something for everyone’s taste. I love the old songs most. We get a blessing from all of them. Thank you. Ann
2. WLJC is such a blessing to me. I have been shut in for 9 weeks with my back and look forward to 7 o’clock. Please pray for healing. Love you all. Delma
3. Please pray for me and my family. We have a lot of sick, and some of our loved one’s are lost. I pray for sister Margaret and all the worker’s every night. God bless you all. We watch WLJC every night. Alice
4. I love WLJC. I look forward to watching every night and I love the replay the next morning. I end my day with WLJC and start my day with WLJC every morning. Thank God for people like all of you. Please keep our family in your prayers. Anthony
In Memory Of
• In memory of James Jones & Patricia McDonald from Mabel Jones
• In memory of Russell Lawson from Irene Lawson
• In memory of Charles Matlock from Trula Matlock
• In memory of Geraldine McIntosh from Mary Abrams
• In memory of Regina Asher from Joann Asher
• In memory of Patsy White from James White
• In memory of Betty Joy Brock from Roberta Helton
• In memory of Nora Bransham from Goulding Family
• In memory of Geraldine McIntosh from Betty Spencer
• In memory of Brother Kimmy Pitman from Brenda Mink
• In memory of Millie Davidson from Bonnie Estill
• In memory of Herbert Manning from Nora Manning
• In memory of Franklin Troxtell from Janice Troxtell
• In memory of Ray Terrell from Loretta Terrell
• In memory of Virdus & Martha Jones from Elmer Jones
• In memory of Johnnie Head from Dorothy Head
• In memory of Gerald Rucker from Anita Rucker
1.Deborah (Judges 4-5)
2. Anna (Luke 2:36-38)
3. Elisabeth (Luke 1)
5. Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42; John 11)
6. Miriam (Exodus 15; Numbers 12)